David DeBonis, Ph.D CCC-A Licensed Audiologist
Chair of Communication Disorders
432 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203
||State University of NY at Albany
||Pennsylvania State University
||College of Saint Rose
- DeBonis, D. Moncrieff, D. (2008). Auditory processing disorders: An update for speech-language pathologists. American Journal of Speech Language Pathology, 17, 4-18.
- DeBonis, D. & Donohue, C. (2008). Survey of audiology: Fundamentals for audiologists and health care providers. 2nd Edition. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- DeBonis, D.A. (2008) Common questions regarding auditory processing disorders in school-aged children. NYSSLHA Annual Convention.
- DeBonis, D.A. (2006). Screening protocols for school-aged children suspected of having auditory processing disorders, NYSSLHA Annual Convention.
- American Speech-Language and Hearing Association
- American Academy of Audiology
Clinical Service Delivery
- As a member of our multi-disciplinary evaluation team, I conduct hearing tests on preschoolers here at the college.
- I also provide audiological services to all age clients at Sunnyview Speech and Hearing Department in Schenectady NY.
Clinical supervision experience
- Since 1992 I have supervised graduate clinicians performing hearing screenings here at the College.
Recent professional development (e.g. continuing education activities, attendance at professional meetings, completion of course work, in-services).
- Therapy for Children with Cochlear Implants, 3/05
- Oticon Hearing Aid Technology, 6/05
- Surgical Developments in Hearing and Ear Pathology, 10/05
- Oticon Hearing Aid Developments, 1/06
- New Innovations in Hearing Aid Technology, 4/06
- Modality Specificity and Auditory Processing Testing, 4/06
- Dichotic Testing and Reading Disorders, 4/06
Recent professional related service activities
- Chair, Audiology Program Committee for NYSSLHA’s Annual Meeting (2006).
- Member, Central Auditory Processing Subcommittee for Annual ASHA Convention (2007).
- Spaulding, D., DeBonis, D., & Fragnoli, K (March, 2005). Participated as co-investigator in the US Education Department Grant and in collaboration with the Brighter Choice Public Schools Choice Project to investigate school choice perspectives.
- Lamparelli, K. & DeBonis, D. (December 2004; funded $118,827.99). Grant proposal for Speech-Language Pathologist Consultant Services to Residential Health Care Facilities. Accepted by the County of Albany, New York. Implemented January 2005.
Area of Specialty
- Pediatric Audiology
- Auditory Processing
- Central auditory processing disorders in school aged children
- Clinical audiology
- Educational Psychology
- Hearing Assessment
- Research Methods in Communication Disorders
- Language and Hearing Impairment
- Survey of Communication Disorders
- Clinical Supervision